AMSTERDAM
10:42:00
I've been to a fair share of cities in my life so I'm surprised that a city relatively close to me would stand out so much. Amsterdam is probably the most beautiful city I've ever been to, it lays waterside. seaport so I feel like that makes it so much prettier already.
Amsterdam is mostly famous for the "Grachten", the town canals, little bridges, bikes, tulips, cheese and - of course - coffeeshops.
What striked me about this city is how you could walk along side the busiest road, turn a corner into a sideroad / alley and it is completely quiet and peaceful, barely any people and if there are they are probably either on their bikes or sitting on a porch reading a book - no sign that you're in the Netherlands capital whatsoever.
I'd highly recommend trying dutch pancakes, they're absolutely delicious and the picture I took of them didn't do them justice, but I am going to include this picture of American pancakes :D . Pancakes Amsterdam is located close to Station Centraal and with a little luck you'll find a seat right next to the water with an amazing view!


Amsterdam is mostly famous for the "Grachten", the town canals, little bridges, bikes, tulips, cheese and - of course - coffeeshops.
| the best Dutch pancakes! |
| make sure to visit a flower market while you're there! |
What striked me about this city is how you could walk along side the busiest road, turn a corner into a sideroad / alley and it is completely quiet and peaceful, barely any people and if there are they are probably either on their bikes or sitting on a porch reading a book - no sign that you're in the Netherlands capital whatsoever.
I'd highly recommend trying dutch pancakes, they're absolutely delicious and the picture I took of them didn't do them justice, but I am going to include this picture of American pancakes :D . Pancakes Amsterdam is located close to Station Centraal and with a little luck you'll find a seat right next to the water with an amazing view!
The architecture is also outstandingly beautiful and aesthetically pleasing in Amsterdam, literally every second house is worth a tumblr post!
And of course there are some touristy classics: the Anne Frank house is worth the long wait if you're interested in her story, the I am Amsterdam sign is not really all too special in my opinion, the palace is beautiful and if you go into the H&M store close to that you'll have a great view over the whole square. If you've got a spare hour I'd recommend doing a boat tour along the little town canals.
| a street built directly on the water - no sidewalk |
| view from the boat |
| the palace |
| ArenA |
The area around central station is very interesting to see and you'll most likely find yourself around there at some point anyway.
And then we met a little cat...
Loved our stay, Amsterdam!
Selina xx

0 Comments