RECIPE: TOFU VEGETABLE CURRY

08:15:00

to say that this is my favourite dish would be an understatement, pretty much every second time I decide to cook some food I will make this tofu vegetable curry.



My favourite kind of recipes are those that you can adjust to whatever you have at home anyway. Personally I just make sure I have tofu, coconut milk and a couple different vegetables at home, what kind doesn't really matter.

However this is what I love most in my curry:

1 carrot
1 courgette
1 bell pepper
1 tomato
1/2 tin of kidney beans
1 packet of tofu
1 bag of rice
1 can of coconut milk
vegetable stock
curry powder
mango chutney




Step 1:

Slice up your carrot and courgette and throw the vegetables into a wok with some coconut oil (if you happen to have a wok; you could easily use a large pan or pot instead). In the mean time get your water ready to boil your rice, I like adding some vegetable stock into this.



Step 2:

Add your tofu and cook until it slightly changes its colour, then add your chopped up pepper into the mix.


Step 3:

Once the vegetables are soft enough for your liking add the tomato and some kidney beans.



Step 4:
Add the coconut milk to extinguish your vegetables, and let it heat up. Your rice should be pretty much cooked by now (ca. 10 minutes), drain the rice once it's cooked and add it into the wok.



Once the milk has heated up add your curry powder and any other seasonings to your taste. Voilà.


The final touch for me makes a good sweet mango chutney.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Subscribe